Resident Information

When to Contact Public Works

Contact Public Works at 708-448-1181 for the following situations:
  • Sewer maintenance or water backing up into your house from our sewers
  • Street construction Issues
  • Street lights: If a street light is damaged or inoperable, and it is a metal pole, please contact Public Works. If it is a wood pole, please contact ComEd.
  • If it is after hours and an emergency, notify the Police Department at 708-448-3979

Household Hazardous Waste

There is an annual household hazardous waste day sponsored by various agencies. Watch for flyers announcing the dates available. Metropolitan Water Reclamation District also sponsors pick up days.

Water Bill Payment

Payment can be made at the village hall, Monday through Friday. Cash, check, MasterCard, Discover and Visa are accepted. Electronic funds transfer service is available. A drop box is available in the parking lot of the village hall. Payments can also be made online from our Home Page.

Winter Parking Regulations

It shall be unlawful for any person to stop, stand, park or leave unattended a motor vehicle on the streets, highways or roadways within the corporate limits of the Village after 2 inches of snow has fallen, until such snow has been removed. The operator and the owner of any motor vehicle stopped, standing, parked or left unattended in violation of this subsection shall be jointly and severally liable for the violation.